Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Bridgewater Film Fest - Looking for (Christmas) Love in Bridgewater, NH - Single All the Way


It's that time of year again! Watching funny and/or sappy Christmas movies may be the best thing about the season. I'm not averse to a formulaic Christmas love story, but a twist on the genre does keep me more interested. And I have been known to abort if I haven't been engaged within the first half hour. I expected that Single All the Way (now available on Netflix) would simply be another film of the let's-pretend-you're-my-boyfriend-for-my-family trope (albeit with a gay spin). There was a little twist on the twist though which I will not spoil. However, what really kept me watching was that within the first 10 minutes I learned that the would-be lovers were traveling to Bridgewater, New Hampshire for the holidays (although the movie was actually filmed in Quebec, Canada). 



No comments:

Post a Comment